Today, Someone has hacked my AmazonPay Account, and transferred whole balance i.e. total Rs. 4216.63 from my AmazonPay Balance to a Company name Paymatrix.in through the merchant RAZORPAY.
The hacker done the unauthorized transactions in two phases.
First he transferred my full AmazonPay balance, which was Rs. 4175.15 and then after few seconds, he done second transaction Rs. 41.48, which he received in form of cashback on doing First Transaction.
When, I received two email notification from AmazonPay that You have made successful payment to Paymatrix, I got shocked.
I immediately called 180030001637 to report unauthorized transaction for Amazon Pay Balance.
The support executive immediately registered my complaint and given me a reference ID for future use. Also, they assured me that I will soon get the refund for fraudulent transactions.
UPDATE: Amazon.in issued me a refund of INR 4216.63 to my Amazon Pay balance, in relation to the unauthorised transactions. Also, they given me an additional compensation of INR 210.83 as per their compensation policy.
I am very happy with Amazon.in. They provided me top notch support.
I unable to say how your sign in information was obtained since the activities used to obtain these details. But I believe that some techniques include using malicious software to capture a user’s keystrokes, trying commonly used passwords, and sending fraudulent e-mails that ask users to provide or update personal, financial, or other account information (commonly known as “phishing”).
Steps to Avoid Such Type of Frauds:
I advice AmazonPay Users to keep their account safe and secured. It may include but not limited to:
- Do Not Share Personal Information
- Reset Password – Choose a Strong Password, which is at least 8 characters long and a mixture of letters and numbers. Do not choose a dictionary word or a word, which could be easily associated with your name or address. Where possible, try to keep your password and usernames unique.
- Enable Two-Step Verification (2SV) Settings
- De-register devices that you do not recognize or you call 1800 3000 9009 for assistance.
- Check Manage Login with Amazon Settings
- Protect your computer and mobile! Ensure your software is up-to-date and set an anti-virus software to run on your computer at all times.
- Only open e-mails from trusted sources and let your anti-virus software scan all e-mails and attachments before opening them.
- Report Unauthorized transactions
- Report Phishing E-mails